Important: chromium-browser security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for chromium-browser is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Supplementary.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Chromium is an open-source web browser, powered by WebKit (Blink).
This update upgrades Chromium to version 57.0.2987.98.
- Multiple flaws were found in the processing of malformed web content. A web page containing malicious content could cause Chromium to crash, execute arbitrary code, or disclose sensitive information when visited by the victim. (CVE-2017-5029, CVE-2017-5030, CVE-2017-5031, CVE-2017-5032, CVE-2017-5034, CVE-2017-5035, CVE-2017-5036, CVE-2017-5037, CVE-2017-5039, CVE-2017-5033, CVE-2017-5038, CVE-2017-5040, CVE-2017-5041, CVE-2017-5042, CVE-2017-5043, CVE-2017-5044, CVE-2017-5045, CVE-2017-5046)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
After installing the update, Chromium must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 x86_64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 i386
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 6 x86_64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 6 i386
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6 x86_64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6 i386
- BZ - 1431030 - CVE-2017-5030 chromium-browser: memory corruption in v8
- BZ - 1431031 - CVE-2017-5031 chromium-browser: use after free in angle
- BZ - 1431032 - CVE-2017-5032 chromium-browser: out of bounds write in pdfium
- BZ - 1431033 - CVE-2017-5029 chromium-browser: integer overflow in libxslt
- BZ - 1431034 - CVE-2017-5034 chromium-browser: use after free in pdfium
- BZ - 1431036 - CVE-2017-5035 chromium-browser: incorrect security ui in omnibox
- BZ - 1431037 - CVE-2017-5036 chromium-browser: use after free in pdfium
- BZ - 1431038 - CVE-2017-5037 chromium-browser: multiple out of bounds writes in chunkdemuxer
- BZ - 1431039 - CVE-2017-5039 chromium-browser: use after free in pdfium
- BZ - 1431040 - CVE-2017-5040 chromium-browser: information disclosure in v8
- BZ - 1431041 - CVE-2017-5041 chromium-browser: address spoofing in omnibox
- BZ - 1431042 - CVE-2017-5033 chromium-browser: bypass of content security policy in blink
- BZ - 1431043 - CVE-2017-5042 chromium-browser: incorrect handling of cookies in cast
- BZ - 1431044 - CVE-2017-5038 chromium-browser: use after free in guestview
- BZ - 1431045 - CVE-2017-5043 chromium-browser: use after free in guestview
- BZ - 1431046 - CVE-2017-5044 chromium-browser: heap overflow in skia
- BZ - 1431047 - CVE-2017-5045 chromium-browser: information disclosure in xss auditor
- BZ - 1431048 - CVE-2017-5046 chromium-browser: information disclosure in blink